The Menopause MOT
We recommend all women should have a pelvic health check as they approach menopause.
Maria Elliott and her expert team provide a Live physiotherapy-led Menopause MOT in the comfort of your own home.
You will be asked to fill in a basic pre-screen in advance so we know which areas to focus on during the Menopause MOT consultation.
In preparation, please have the following information to hand:
- Blood tests.
- Hormonal profile (if available).
- Any other significant MRI’s or medical screening you have completed.
- Bone density scans.
- Sleep diary.
- Exercise diary.
- Hot flashes diary.
- Mood diary.
The one-hour consultation includes:
- In-depth medical history.
- List of your symptoms, concerns, and goals.
- Pelvic health questions regarding your bladder, bowel and sexual function.
- Weekly exercise routine looking at cardiovascular and strength training
- Sleep and mood diary.
Then we look at:
- Posture and functional movement.
- Squat, lunge, sit to stand, balance and strength.
- Breath check.
- Core strength abdomen and pelvic floor.
Following the consultation findings, we will recommend an integrated lifestyle and exercise programme to maintain and improve your pelvic and core strength. Pelvic health products can be useful at home and we have lots of excellent resources. We can introduce you to the leaders of pelvic health technology products that you can try at home.