We recommend all women should have a pelvic health check as they approach menopause. Maria Elliott and her team of experts can provide a physiotherapy-led Menopause MOT at the clinic.
We recommend all women should have a pelvic health check as they approach menopause.
Maria Elliott and her expert team can provide a physiotherapy-led Menopause MOT at the clinic.
You will be asked to fill in a basic pre-screen in advance so we know which areas to focus on during the Menopause MOT consultation.
In preparation, please have the following information to hand:
- Blood tests.
- Hormonal profile (if available).
- Any other significant MRI’s or medical screening you have completed.
- Bone density scans.
- Sleep diary.
- Exercise diary.
- Hot flashes diary.
- Mood diary.
The one-hour consultation includes:
- In-depth medical history.
- List of your symptoms, concerns, and goals.
- Pelvic health questions regarding your bladder, bowel and sexual function.
- Weekly exercise routine looking at cardiovascular and strength training
- Sleep and mood diary.
- Observation and assessment of;
- Posture and functional movement.
- Squat, lunge, sit to stand, balance and strength.
- Breath check.
- Core strength abdomen and pelvic floor.
Following the consultation findings, we will recommend an integrated lifestyle and exercise programme to maintain and improve your pelvic and core strength.